Finally we are starting to get a break in the weather. What a relief to have some sunshine and warm temperatures!! But you know what that means, don’t you? Yep, you will be stripping down to your shorts and bathing suits before you know it.
If your response to my last sentence was “uggghhh”, then take a moment to recommit yourself to any goals you set for the new year or, set some new goals now. Or, you could simply commit to taking some sort of consistent action that will get you closer to where you want to be.
Here are some simple things you could do to get prepared for bathing suit season:
- start a couch-to-5K running plan
- download a fitness app to your phone and try it
- hire a trainer (btw, I am available J )
- throw out all processed foods in your cupboard
- buy fresh local produce instead of canned, frozen, or bagged
- plan your meals and snacks in advance
- think “lean and green” when preparing or buying meals
- meditate (even 5 minutes perday helps!)
- be kind to yourself, negative inner chatter is demotivating
- start juicing
- have a green smoothie for a meal once or twice per week
- learn to garden (physically and emotionally rewarding)
And, if you feel really stuck, like you’ve just let yourself go so far that the hurdles are too big to overcome, watch the movie Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. It is very motivating to see the main character transform his life and subsequently transform the lives of others. And, it is always good to be reminded that you can do anything you set your mind to. That’s right, you can do it!
The key here is in taking action, do something about it. The most difficult part is starting. Don’t think about it, don’t evaluate it, don’t analyze it, don’t “try”, just do it!
And, if you haven’t done so, you might also consider joining our free Healthy Lifestyle Initiative. By joining you will gain access to free resources that can help you plan your meals, set goals and follow through with them, and receive more in-depth information about certain topics that affect your health and well-being. If f this interests you, sign up here.
I hope you found this week’s newsletter helpful and motivating.
Yours in health and well-being,